Archive for September 2009
After much consideration on what I want to do with this website, I have decided to stop using the K2 theme as it has too many bugs right now. I still like that theme very much and think it is a wonderful update to the standard WordPress theme. However, I want a theme that is complaint with web standards and has some of the features I want without me writing a ton of plugins. As such I have decided to create a theme (hopefully with Steve’s help!) This also gives me a chance to play with Photoshop so I will be creating this theme from a .psd file using slices. We will see how it goes, and if I like it enough I might release it to the general public!
In our last post we added more functionality to our plugin through the use of the jQuery.cookie plugin. This allowed us to keep of the user’s selection and maintain it throughout our site. This post is the conclusion of the wordpress plugin tutorial. Even though the bulk of the coding for this plugin is done, there is still more to do before releasing it to the public. Some of my thoughts on what else needs to be done follow.
In our previous post we added some very nice functionality to our plugin and for the first time in the tutorial actually saw jQuery being used to change the size of text within the body tag of our wordpress blog. We also noted that when the user changed pages, the text reverted to the original size. In this post we will be using a jQuery plugin to extend our plugin and make it much more useful.
Previously we setup the admin for our elasticFonts plugin and saw it appear in the admin. In this post we will add some functionality to the admin by allowing it to initialize, save values in the database, and retrieve values that are stored in the database. Thanks again to the developers at devlounge for some great ideas on this portion of our plugin.